Micro art makeup is applied using an acupuncture needle which vibrates on the outer layers on the skin, and allows non toxic mineral based pigments to be absorbed in the outer layer of the skin. The total procedure normally takes around one hour. For patients with additional sensitive skin, a topical numbing cream is first applied. First the design is created on the skin with an erasable pencil and then the technician helps the client pick a natural color. After the customer approves the look and the color the procedure begins.
• Brows: can be darkened, reshaped or thickened by layering individual hairs on the skin.
• Lips: If you wish to enhance or reshape the shape of the lips using micro art makeup, the lip is first lined and then completely shaded.
• Eyes: The eyes are highlighted by applying a fine line involving the lashes, creating a much thicker lash line.
• Scalp: For people with baldness the scalp could be camouflaged with the addition of individual hairs making a thicker search for your hair
• Areola: Color and shape correction
Comparison with permanent makeup (tattoos)
• Micro art makeup supplies a natural look that will gradually fade over three years. Permanent makeup provides a heavier and comparatively unnatural look. It could just be removed with laser surgical treatment or corrected by micro art makeup.
• Micro art makeup uses of non toxic and mineral based pigments. Tattoo inks can be toxic and cause allergic reactions, in addition to sometimes fading to green and orange.
• Micro art makeup is definitely the higher priced procedure – costing about $1000 per area. Implementation of Makeup Permanent costs much less, $200-$800.
• The micro art makeup procedure fails to create any bruising or scarring has no down time. There is generally a minor swelling nevertheless it disappears in about an hour. Permanent makeup on the other hand results in heavy bleeding and is extremely painful. Bruises usually appear and swelling will last for weeks. Recovery time period is generally a few weeks.
• Micro art makeup uses a single acupuncture needle; permanent makeup needs 3-14 gauge needles which should be used simultaneously to puncture skin.
• It allows you to look your very best throughout the day, on a regular basis – whether or not you might be at the swimming pool, exercise machine or with a party. It is especially suitable for busy professional women to accomplish not fdiejg time and energy to apply makeup every single day.
• You can pick your very own color, using a technician helping you to choose the most natural looking color. It seems so natural it is sometimes complicated to tell that makeup has become applied.
• This is a great anti-aging procedure, removing about five-years of aging.
• Because the micro art makeup fades with time, you are able to alter your style as styles and fashions change. If you do not wish for it to fade, you may have it retouched every year or so.
• Individuals who have difficulty applying makeup due to physical limitations or poor vision no more need to suffer everyday and possess an easy solution.
Permanent makeup is yet another viable alternative for people who are suffering from allergies or toxicity issues. Patients should chat with their doctors about potential negative effects linked to pigments then consult a skilled permanent makeup practitioner. In many situations the pigments are less toxic than applying conventional cosmetics each day. People who have problems with arthritis, loss in vision or eurological problems that cause painful or unsteady movement in the hands could also take advantage of the freedom achieved through permanent makeup. In her own book “The Essence of Beauty” Dr. Adrianna Scheibner, M.D. says in Chapter 9 “the uses of the process [derma pigmentation] within the world of medicine are wide ranging”. “Before couple of years,” Scheibner continues, “corrective camouflaging has emerged being a useful service to dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons whenever they can no longer medically improve a patient’s appearance”. Camouflage, applied by a skilled permanent makeup professional, is a tricky procedure. Inside the “Procedures of Macro-Theory Dermagraphics” printed by the American Institute of Permanent Color Technology it states that “the application of camouflage is unlike every other procedure…when applying camouflage you truly take something away, or diminishing something that already exists, through the skin.